I’ve been cooking a lot at the Yoga Center I attend. Last week, I helped my friend Rosani fix dinner for about 25 people. Sometimes when we do these menus, we buy what’s on sale and use our creativity to develop dishes we have not tried before… this Artichoke and Spinach Casserole is one of them. Luckily, most of the time, the inventions turn out fine… we think this one did… I’ll let you be the judge.
Please bear with me and my adjustments on the quantities… I did a huge tray as the photo shows.
ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH CASSEROLE
2 jars of marinated artichoke hearts, rinsed (because Rosani asked me to) and quartered 1 10oz. pack of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out a bit 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 small onion, sliced 2 cloves of garlic, minced Salt and Pepper to taste 1 jar of chopped tomatoes or 1/2 carton of POMI chopped tomatoes 2 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion for a few minutes and later on add the garlic.
- Add the spinach to the onions and garlic. Saute together to give some flavor to the spinach. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a casserole dish, place the rinsed and quartered artichoke hearts, mix together the spinach mixture.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix in one cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and a nice crust has developed on top.
It looks like this before putting it in the oven.